Back in 1899 the construction of the dam on the Kamenický brook started. Up to 1,000 workers from Croatia or Italy worked on the construction of the dam and reservoir. The construction finished in 1904, and it was directly commissioned festively. Its main purpose was to supply potable water for the expanding region and the dam still serves the region today. Therefore bathing is strictly prohibited there.
The Jirkov water reservoir with a stony dam is located in a mountain valley near Jirkov. It was built between the years 1960-1960 on the Bílina River. The reservoir and its surroundings are inside a protective zone and therefore it is not freely accessible. The purpose of the reservoir is to provide potable water for the region of Chomutov, and further protect the region from floods and to ensure a minimum flow of water under the dam. There is also a small hydroelectric water power plant with a maximum aggregate output of 142.2 kW.
The village of Horní Příšečnice was mentioned as early as 1335. The water reservoir in Příšečnice was built between 1969-1976 and it is located on a stream with the same name near the village of Kryštofovy Hamry. This reservoir is used as a potable water source for the Northern-Bohemian Brown Coal Basin; it contributes to better water flow in Přísečnice and protects against floods. Its other function is to provide enough water for hydroelectric water power plants in Hradiště and Příšečnice with a Pelton turbine with an output of 18 kW.
The water reservoir in Křimov was built between the years 1953-1959. It is situated 7.5 km northwest from Chomutov on the Křimovský stream in the Krušné hory Mountains. The purpose of this reservoir is to provide potable water for the region of Chomutov and to lower the flood flow in the Křimovský stream. The dam was constructed in several phases and the project was changed several times. Today´s structure is 41.29 m high and 201 m long. Around the reservoir there is a tourist path but the access to water is prohibited since the reservoir is inside a protected zone.
The reservoir is situated in the Mostecká basin in the district of Chomutov. This water reservoir is often called Kyjice water reservoir. The most important function of this reservoir is to protect against floods, to improve the water flow from the Bílina River, to ensure water supplies for consumers and also a production of power in a small hydroelectric power plant with an output of 85 kW.
Next to the Újezd water reservoir there is the considerably smaller Zaječice water reservoir situated on the Hutní stream. This water reservoir was built between the years 1973-1976 as a reservoir for emergency provision of surface water and protection against floods on the Hutní stream. Nowadays the reservoir is used for game fishing. A supplemental function of the Zaječice reservoir is a secondary biologic treatment of sewerage water drained into the Hutnický and Otvický streams. Its freely accessible dam is 830 m long and 6.8 m high.
The Fláje water reservoir was built on the Flájský stream in 1963 and its purpose was to supply water for the region around the Krušné hory Mountains (the Most and Teplice areas). The dam is 56 m high and 416 m long. The dam is a concrete pillar gravity type, the only type of its kind in the Czech Republic. Upon request you can visit the interior of the dam that looks like a concrete temple. The maximum depth of the reservoir is 57 m and its area is 149 ha.
The Jezeří valley reservoir is located in the nature reserve of Jezerka near the Jezeří castle. Jezeří is a small reservoir at the bottom of the Vesnický stream valley. It was built between years 1902 - 1904 by Prince Moritz Lobkowitz, who was the owner of the Jezeří castle. The structure belongs to the state protected technical monuments. Since 1904 the reservoir was used as a potable water source for the villages of Kundratice, Jezeří, Ervěnice, Holešice and Nové Sedlo, where there was a Lobkowitz brewery.
The Janov (Křižatky) water reservoir was built in the years between 1911 - 1914 in the village of Křižatky in the district of Most. This reservoir solved a terrible situation with the potable water supplies at the beginning of the 20th century in Most. Its dam is one of the highest in the Czech Republic and thanks to its height it was declared a technical monument. It is 43 m high, 225 m long and 4.5 m wide. The gravity dam is bricked from quarry-stone and is not accessible.
The Most Lake originates as a reclamation project on the site of the former brown coal mine of Ležáky u Mostu after revitalization steps at the end of mining. Its supposed elevation will be 199 m, the area 311 ha, length 2.5 km and width 1.5 km. It will have a maximum depth of 75 m and with an average depth of 22 m its capacity will be 69.8 m m3. Watering of the lake started in October 2008 and after 2012 when it is filled its area will be larger than the area of the famous Máchovo jezero Lake.